Monday, October 12, 2009

Cleaning house ...

I refuse to  can't take pictures because my camera died and I haven't been able to replace it yet. Take it from me, the house was a mess on Friday. Not dirty, but a mess. Stuff all over the place, couldn't walk through some areas it was so bad.

I have NOT seen a couple shows on Hoarders and I was not shocked to see how in some ways, my place resembled what I was seeing on TV. I am NOT a Hoarder, we have 3 households combined into one here, space is incredibly tight and we have 2 kids that are NOT good at picking up after themselves and 3 adults that have learned from the kids ... yeah, that's it! Damn kids teaching up bad habits!!

So on Saturday it began, I started w/ the Toy Area, it has built in storage and bench seats and it is now CLEAN! Then on to the Kitchen and Dining Area. Tomorrow it's the rest of the Living Room, the hall table (which is going away so it doesn't become a dumping ground again) and then the Office Area (which is in the Dining Area). Wednesday I will do final dusting, sweeping and vacuuming. Wednesday Night I have friends coming over ... ahhhh relaxation!

Thursday I will threaten to kill anyone that leaves a mess; seriously ~ I will ... watch me!!