Thursday, July 09, 2009

Here's some fun for you!

Thought this would be a great
"let's get to know the Queen of Chaos" better!! It's a bit old, so I'll do an update on those answers that need it!







Spotlight Member #59 ~~Marissa~~

Welcome to the Spotlight Marissa!
Thanks for asking me to do this!

Carrie has been having internet connection problems this weekend so I'm posting our next Spotlight Member.


1. Marissa, do you collect anything? I have collected Penguins since my Sophmore year in HS and in more recent years, Snow Globes. As a family we have a collection of Disney Trading Pins that we add to each trip down to DisneyLand.

Must add that I collect Italian ceramics...my sister imports them and they will be focus of my kitchen when it's remodeled.

2. Do you have any "heirlooms" you will be passing down to your children/grandchildren? I have a precious few items that I have from my grandparents. It is my hope that they continue on through the family. A couple pieces of jewelry from my grandmother will be remade and a Tomato masher that I cherish (makes the best fresh tomato sauce!). I hope to create something special that will be passed specifically to David since he's our only child, haven't decided what it will be yet. Oh, he'll get the photo albums at some point...


3. What has been your most memorable moment as a CBBB Rep? Geez...there have been so many awesome experiences, don't know that I can pick one. Being in the Top 20 in the Nation, two years in a row, having my picture in the catalog 2 years in a row, earning the trips...they've been fantastic...but I think just meeting and working with all these amazing women has topped it all.

Thanks Jackie!!!

Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 02:21 PM.

A chuckle a day keeps the blues away
Shop with our Business Links | Premium Membership
jackie is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2004, 06:20 PM #2
scrapnmyfaith
Spring Is Here!!!

scrapnmyfaith's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: IL
Posts: 12,620
Send a message via MSN to scrapnmyfaith Send a message via Yahoo to scrapnmyfaith
Marissa~ Hi Christine

1. What do you love MOST about living in Oregon?
Living right outside Portland is an amazing experience! I'm an hour 15 min from the Pacific Ocean, an hour 15 min from the Mountains, 2 hours from High Desert. We've got culture, fun, great food...NO SALES TAX! Yes, it rains but the payoff in the spring and summer is so worth it! It's simply beautiful here!
2. Have you lived any where else, and if so where?
I was born and raised on Long Island NY. (Smithtown until 1977 then Stony Brook until 1982) Moved to Prescott AZ in June 1982, then to Flagstaff AZ in October 1982. In summer of 1986 I moved to Monmouth, Oregon where I lived until 1993, then to Salem Oregon, and in 1995 I moved up to Tualatin OR not far from the house I live in right now. While living in Flagstaff, AZ I spent every weekend in Newport Beach CA with my grandparents. I don't think you bargained for all that did ya?
3. What do you see yourself doing in 10yrs?
I'll still be a stay at home mom, David will be a Sophmore in HS at that time. I'll probably be running him to and fro...and probably still helping Mark with his business and doing my Country Bunny as well....geez...will I still be sitting here addicted to BoB too

Seriously, I'll have given David my Land Rover and I'll have a new one , we hope to have an RV...Mark wants a Boat...and we plan to enjoy the final years of Davids High School experience with him.

Christine

ya Christine! THANKS!!

Last edited by Marissa : 11-28-2004 at 08:39 PM.

scrapnmyfaith is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2004, 08:39 PM #3
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,822
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Ok, I'm home and first two sets are done...thanks guys!

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2004, 09:08 PM #4
Lizzie
Registered User

Lizzie's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Cedar Lake Indiana
Posts: 4,669
Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
Marissa, Hi Liz!

1. Do you drink coffee or tea?
I rarely drink straight coffee, if I do my spoon has to stand in it (aka..tons of sugar ) I grew up with Espresso made by my Italian grandmother, now I'm a Mocha or Tea gal.
2. What is your favorite flower?
None in particular for inside, unless it's one that Hubby surprises me with If you're talking for outside..anything that puts up with my brown thumb and can survive on it's own!
3. What made you join Country Bunny??
Have you never heard the story? I received samples from Jenn and fell in love with the Shea Butter. I signed up on Saturday March 2, 2002 and then told her...I figured I might as well get 15% back on my own purchases...on Saturday night I told Mark and he FLIPPED OUT! Sunday I emailed Jenn to say that Monday I'd be cancelling my contract. Monday am Mark said I could give it a year...I figured I'd at least make my $$ back. 6 weeks later I promoted to MR and the rest is history

As I look back on my life, I truly believe that I was led to Country Bunny by the Lord. I've been through alot of "stuff", many jobs and even more DS Companies and never has something been so "right" for me.


Liz

Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 12:20 AM.

Lizzie is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2004, 09:29 PM #5
mikandles
Registered User



Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 10,755
Send a message via AIM to mikandles Send a message via MSN to mikandles Send a message via Yahoo to mikandles
Whoa, my brother went to school in Prescott (ERAU) ~please tell your brother I'm so sorry (heehee) and I visited once; step-sis went to school in Monmoth (when it used to be WOSC) ~I was there from 86 through 89 and worked in town until I moved, who is your step-sis? I may have been her advisor! I visited frequently in the late 90's, we could have passed in the grocery store and never knew it!! The MarketPlace closed after Bi-Mart and WalMart came into town...so sad...

Did you attend college?
Uhmmm....yes...quite a few...I attended Northern Arizona University and Western Oregon State College from 1983-1989....Nope...no degree...too long of a story for here...basically family demanded College and I was not interested in it at all....so in 1996 I returned to Portland State University to finish my degree. In Summer of 1997 I found out I was pregnant and that Christmas came down with the Flu. I could not shake it and was advised by my doctors to make a choice, healthy baby or college degree (I was only 28 hours away from my Bachelors and my program expired that summer~I had to take specific classes Winter and Summer Term to get the degree) I made the choice to have a healthy pregnancy and left school knowing that I would need an additional 100+ hours to complete the new program. I have NEVER regretted that decision.

What do you usually wear on your feet?
Socks...the warmer the better...Dansko clogs or Birkenstocks. I have a problem with my foot and these make my feet feel ohhhh so good. I do wear heels when I have to.
What were your wedding colors?
Never thought of it...I'll explain...Tan and Brown...we had a civil wedding at the Courthouse in Oregon City, I wore wool pants and a tan wool sweater, Mark wore a suit. I did have a nice dress picked out but the weather turned real bad the day before so I ran to Nordstrom and bought the outfit....you know how end of September weather can be here.....it rained and rained It was fun This is a second marriage for both of us and we didn't want to go through the planning and expense of a big wedding again. My sister picked up fresh flowers at the flower market for my bouquet on her way in...it was wonderful and I have it dried on top of my entertainment center.

Thanks Mikan~We WILL get together for lunch or dinner next time you are in town!

Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 12:34 AM.

mikandles is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 12:36 AM #6
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,822
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Done for the night...can't wait to see what else comes my way.

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 04:54 AM #7
eaglesdare
Registered User

eaglesdare's Avatar


Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,134
hi marissa!

besides crocheting..()..what other crafts do you do?
I've been a craft buyer for years, only lately am I actually completing them I now crochet and make fleece blankets. Until now, I've never been a "crafty person"
do you ever travel over to the east coast?
I don't get back East as much as I'd like. My grandparents both passed away in the last 6 years, the people that bought their house leveled it and most of my friends have moved on to other areas. I will get to NY in the next year or so to visit...I will be in Raleigh NC next October for a wedding, will probably extend that trip to do some visiting
are you an inside or outside kind of gal?
Both....even though it's been below freezing for over 24 hours here...I love bundeling up and heading out...but it's very nice to come in, make a cup of mocha and snuggle up in a fleece blanket

Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 09:01 AM.

eaglesdare is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 06:10 AM #8
Darleen
Senior Member

Darleen's Avatar


Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 5,447
Hi Marissa! Have fun!
Darweeeeennnnnnn!!




What was your favorite moment at BV this year?
Our well-practiced, completely put together Skit of course (OMG I was laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants up there...)
Do you like spicy food or not too spicy?
Spicy food killed me when I was growing up (I had gall stones) and I've never developed a taste for them...but some things have to be...like Sushi MUST have Wasabi!
If you could take a free trip, where would you go and why?
Easy!! I'd head to Europe with my youngest sister to visit family and friends in Italy. I haven't been there since 1986 and would love to see my cousins and Great Aunts and Uncles, she has travelled extensively there for school and business and knows the in's and out's...all the great little places that are off the beaten path...hands down, that would be awesome!

Darleen

Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 09:07 AM.

Darleen is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 06:11 AM #9
Carrie
Registered User

Carrie's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,848
Send a message via AIM to Carrie
Hi Marissa! Hi Carrie!



1. Morning or night person?
I've ALWAYS been a night person! When I was a child I had to be up at 6am to get the bus at 6:45 for school, I had 2 alarm clocks in my closet across the room and I'd turn them BOTH off and be back in bed asleep...having NO recollection that I had been up twice to turn each one off. I'm still a night person however I've trained myself to get up at 6:45am to get David to school. About twice a week I go back to bed and nap once he's on the bus.


2. Were you active in any clubs in high school?
I was very active in our Music programs. I was in the Marching Band, on the Flag team, worked with the Jazz Band. I also was in the Backgammon Club at our local library...and now David is playing ! When we moved to AZ we became very involved with Special Olympics.






3. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I have 2 younger sisters and 3 younger Step-sisters that we've reunited with in the past 2 years. We are now re-establishing those relationships very slowly...Both of my sisters live about an hour away from me. My Steps are all on the East Coast.


Enjoy the spotlite!!

THANKS!!

Carrie

Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 09:15 AM.

Carrie is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 07:48 AM #10
suzie o.
Registered User

suzie o.'s Avatar


Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 963
hi marissa~


1. what is your favorite color?
Blue...don't know why...
2. toenails~ are they always painted, never, half polish gone and needs to be re-done?
When they are painted, it's after a pedicure...and then that's it until the next one...which I need now and have no polish remaining...
3. do you have any pets? what kind?
We now have one cat and 3 fish...had to recently re-home our dog as I developed severe allergies to him. David and I have Mark oh so close to letting us get a kitten.

Thanks Suzie!

Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 09:20 AM.

suzie o. is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 09:20 AM #11
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,822
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Done to this point...any more?

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 09:24 AM #12
LanelT
Registered User

LanelT's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Idaho
Posts: 4,331
Send a message via Skype™ to LanelT
Marissa!

1. Tonight you can do anything you want, no penalties, no reprisals, and the cost is unimportant. What are you going to do?
Alright...are ya ready for a ride? Pack your bags 'cause we're heading to Salem for a night of Sushi and Karaoke with our favorite Sushi Chef Hiroshi! Y'all are invited, bring the kids..we'll have them make burgers and grilled cheese sandwiches on the grill. If you don't like Sushi that's fine, one of Hiroshis' best Grill cooks will make your favorite Noodle dish for you. The bar is open so drink all the beverages you want...when you're good and ready, we'll head into the Lounge and Karaoke the night away...

Oh boy...those were the days! Now we go down for a quick hour dinner and it's back home...

2. They say life is about simple pleasures, what is your simplest pleasure and how does it make you feel?
I absolutely that David still loves to snuggle with me. He is extremely affectionate, loves to be in my arms, in my lap or head in my lap with a blankie over him...I could lay like that forever. It's the best feeling.


3. What is the one dream for your life you most look forward to having come true?





Still thinking on the rest of these...WOW!

Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 02:26 PM.

LanelT is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 09:37 AM #13
Amy
Registered User

Amy's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,285
What color are your eyes?
Brown


How tall are you?
5' 5"


What is the one question you would ask yourself no one else will ask (and what is the answer)?




What is one thing you were not able to do that you would have given your life to do?



I would have bought my Grandparents house in NY after my grandfather died and my grandmother moved out West. My Grandfather built that house, he brought tile over from Italy for all the bathrooms and floors, he handmade the wood support beams....it was his blood, sweat and tears and he and my grandmother lived in it for 28 years. Everything in it had meaning including the location. It was extremely special to us. My mother insisted on selling it and the people that bought it leveled it and built a new house on the land.

I have not been back there since the funeral in 1998 and don't know that I can go back to see what is there now...it still hurts so much.

Last edited by Marissa : 11-30-2004 at 12:45 AM.

Amy is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 10:34 AM #14
mikandles
Registered User



Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 10,755
Send a message via AIM to mikandles Send a message via MSN to mikandles Send a message via Yahoo to mikandles
Double whoa!!

My step-sis is Shellee, I don't remember exactly when, but since I was in Eugene from 88-92, I'm thinking it was until 89 or so (I meant to say late 80's, but I think that made me feel old ). I don't even know what she was studying.
Very possible that our paths crossed...PM me with her last name!
Now, her twin, my other step-sis was also married in the courthouse in Oregon City!!!! Ummm, maybe '93? It was after I moved back to AK and before I married I'm sure.
Marks cousin was married there too, by the same Judge! His wifes host family was also married there by the same Judge! Small world!
I may be coming down sooner then July. My grandfather is in a Richland, WA hospital with heart problems.
Sorry to hear that, we'll definitely try to squeeze in that visit if your time allows.

Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 12:49 PM.

mikandles is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 10:47 AM #15
melphy
Registered User

melphy's Avatar


Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Posts: 16,122
Send a message via Yahoo to melphy
What is your favorite song, and why?


There are a few...

Harry Chapins' "The Cat's in the Cradle" gets me~he was a friend of my family while growing up...

"Forever Young"~I don't know who sings it, a great song of my early HS years that got me through some tough times...brings me right back there when I hear it

The Women of Faith Worship CD's get me rockin'!

And then a variety of music that's special to Mark and I...


What is your favorite movie, and why?


Lately it's been "Radio" although I have quite a few..."Radio" is close to my heart as I ran group homes for people with disabilities for many years. I can so relate to the situations and experiences and how people with disabilities are so misunderstood.


I also the Lecter movies...can't WAIT to do a marathon with V!

Overall, I'm not one to watch movies more than once or twice...never have been.






Who or what is in your favorite photograph?
I have a picture of Mark and David taken a few years back that I absloutely love. I'll scan and post it...it was before Mark left for his Senior NCO Academy in Knoxville TN and it kept me going for those 6 weeks that he was gone.



I've also got a great one of David and my grandmother that makes me smile (bringing tears to my eyes right now). He was born 28 days before my grandfather died and really was kept her going through that time. She absolutely loved him. I'll scan that one too...






Melanie

Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 11:41 PM.

melphy is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 11:31 AM #16
Mare
Registered User

Mare's Avatar


Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Etters, PA
Posts: 6,451
Send a message via Yahoo to Mare
Hi Marissa! Hi Marianne!

1. Candy or Veggies? Soda or Water? Cookies or Bread?
Hey~Isn't that 3 questions in one ?

Veggies (depending on what kind...) and Candy once in awhile...

Right now I'm drinking water, but if it's soda, it's Coke!

I don't buy cookies very often so I guess it's bread...but I'm not much of a bread person unless it something like Foccacia, or freshly cooked with italian cheeses in it. true Italian Bread from NY but can't get that here in OR...sometimes French Bread...how's that for a definitive answer
2. What is your biggest Pet Peeve?
hmmmm...I'll have to think on this one...maybe people that drive through red lights only to get stopped in the middle of the intersection when I have a green one...and I can't get through because of them!

3. Do you believe in old-fashioned Child Spanking?
I never experienced an old-fashioned spanking as a child, what I experienced was abuse. That has led me to do my best NOT to spank...Mark and I made a conscious decision to keep spanking to a minimum. The scary thing is that we learn what we are taught and I feel myself ready to blow at times, I have to physically remove myself sometimes so I don't hit out of anger...

Enjoy the Spotlite! Thanks!

Marianne

Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 12:42 PM.

Mare is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 01:00 PM #17
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,822
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Done up to here....will be back later for more!

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 01:58 PM #18
Maryann
Loves Online College!

Maryann's Avatar


Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 9,172
Send a message via Yahoo to Maryann
Hi Marissa!
enjoy your day in the light!





1) beach vacation or mountain vacation?
Either one is fine with me, that's why I living here in Portland!



2) would you rather be cold or hot?
Tough call...I'm an 80 degree day type of girl...if it's too hot and I don't have a pool or Ocean to jump in or a/c to cool off in, I get sick...and if it's cold, as long as I have warm clothes on I'm ok...



3) you are president for a day and can do anything you please, what would you do?



This is probably the toughest question I've been faced with. I think I'd be spending time with OUR elected Senators and Representatives and remind them of the importance of accountability to their constituents.



I'd love to say that I would go in and make sweeping changes, but I think that would be wasted efforts as it would probably be changed the next day

Or maybe I'd just invite all my friends over for a party at the White House and a ride on Air Force One









Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 11:49 PM.

Dreams Come True, Just Never Give Up on them!
Maryann is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 02:02 PM #19
DawnaJ
Say hi, Dom

DawnaJ's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sand Springs, OK
Posts: 5,301
Send a message via Yahoo to DawnaJ
1. How did you find BoB and what makes you stay?
I think someone on the AOL message board mentioned it...or maybe someone at a Unit Meeting...this was when I was with PL. I stay because of the friendships and the shared ideas.
2. How many different "addictions" has BoB enabled you on?
Hmmm....do I have to answer this? Mostly just being here...
3. What do you think the new product will be at the CB Christmas Party?
I have NO idea! I would love to see the Peppermint products GROW ad become a full blown product line. I'd also love more Kids products...different kids shampoo, different shower gel for them...I truly feel I am very wrong on those thoughts though and will be pleasantly surprised with whatever Nancy and the Team has deveopled for us.

Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 02:36 PM.

DawnaJ is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 02:24 PM #20
Gena
Wilton Course May 4!


Gena's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 18,595
Send a message via MSN to Gena
What would you like to see CBBB add to the line. (New product only, not a scent)
see above...
What service do you think CBBB could provide for us through Bunnymart (or in addition to) to make our lives as reps easier?
I would love to see a different system for entering orders and tracking hostesses and customers. I really wanted CBBB to sign on to the MLM Easy Money software package knowing what the potential is there...but I understand them wanting to do their own system and not be tied to an outside source.

I also want the Order Information system to show the name of the CUSTOMER that ordered something, not the name of the person that PAID for it. Makes it easier to pull up a specific invoice.
What is something you would like to see change in the CBBB biz opportunity?
I think they've done a great job with the improvements we've had in the past 2 1/2 years. In alot of ways it's hard to believe this is the same Company I signed up with in March 2002.

Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 02:41 PM.

Gena is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 02:47 PM #21
Tracy
Registered User

Tracy's Avatar


Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,377
Send a message via MSN to Tracy
Hi Marissa,





1} Do you believe in love at first sight and do you think it ever happened to you?
I most certainly do...I married him


2} How old were you when you had your first "butterflies in the belly" kiss?
College....1984...just an incredible relationship with someone I knew...
3} If you won a Million dollars, what would you do with it and the reasons "why"?


Tithe to my Church, pay off bills, put enough in a long term Educational Savings Acct for David pay back investments we've borrowed against. There are Charities that I support on a regular basis and they would receive $$ and goods.


Tracy

Last edited by Marissa : 11-29-2004 at 11:55 PM.

Tracy is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 03:05 PM #22
Traci
Senior Member

Traci's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 12,217
Hey you!



1. Who is the first Bobber you met?
I can't remember...I think I knew a few people that were here before I came to BoB through my PL region...I know I met Tara, Jenn and Jamie at the very overcrowded Fling in St. Louis....I met Belinda and Jackie and Steve then too...


2. Have you had a life changing moment? Care to share?

My life, and that of my sisters could be a mini-series...and you wouldn't believe it! It truly is stuff movies are made of. I'll just put a few here...
  • a series of events brought my birth father back into my life in 9th Grade after being gone since 1st Grade. I couldn't let my family know or my physical safety would be in danger.
  • 2 years later I found out we were moving out of state and could not let him know
  • 1985 my mother discovered I had found my father and threw me out of the house
  • May 1990, my sister handed me the Obituary of my birth father two days before my first marriage and walked out laughing...
  • Jan 1995, while going through a nasty divorce...I met Mark and it was at first sight! Our lives were so parallel but on opposite Coasts...I would not be where I am today if I had not met him.
  • Aug 1997, I found out I was pregnant after being told I'd never be able to conceive
  • Sept 26, 1997~married Mark at the Courthouse and CANCELLED our wedding plans for Jamaica that following summer~SERIOUSLY!!! I don't regret that decision one bit!
  • May 26, 1998~David was 28 days old, it was my grandfathers 87th birthday and he passed away. The glue that held our Patriarchal family together was gone
  • 1999 Hired a Private Detective, with my youngest sister, to investigate my mother and step-father and the truth started being revealed to my us about our life...and I truly realized I was not crazy and sick as I had been told for years. I realized that my mom and step-dad are the ones that need help and when they were confronted with the information life as I knew it changed forever, I was FREE!
  • August 12, 2001 my grandmother passed away
  • December 2001~I found my birth fathers Family and in July 2002 we had a Reunion after 30 years
  • 2002 Found a new Church family and reestabilished my relationship with the Lord above. It is so awesome to know that he was with me through all the above (and a ton more) and has led me to where I am today. I truly am a story of blessings, although while in the midst of the crud I had no idea he was there. I know in my heart that there is NO WAY I could have survived all I endured without him being there, even though I cursed him often.
  • 2000/2003 Found the two most important HS friends that helped me get through my toughest years of HS.
Ok...I can't pick just one...these all are a part of me and help explain Me. Like I said, there could be a movie and it would be a long one...



3. The best thing that CBBB has brough you?
Amazing friends, customers and Team members...new found confidence in myself, I really CAN do it!





Last edited by Marissa : 11-30-2004 at 12:20 AM.

Traci is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 03:41 PM #23
Coastiewifebunny
Registered User

Coastiewifebunny's Avatar


Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,197
1. What is your favorite family tradition?
Christmas Eve was always a great night when growing up. It was the large Italian family gathering as well as close friends joining us. We always had a large Seafood dinner, pasta, crab, clams etc...the kids ran around and played and as the night progressed we opened our presents.

We have taken this tradition and incorporated it into our family. We have some good friends who have kids that play with David. They have become a part of our Christmas family, as well as other family members we have in the area. We get together Christmas Eve, have an amazing Seafood Pasta as well as other food. After Dinner we let the kids play for an hour or so, then our friends leave to go to Church and we (the family) open a few of our gifts. We have that done by the time our friends come back from Church and we have our dessert and let the kids run themselves until they drop We've done this for 3 years, this will be our 4th and it's wonderful!
2. What has been your Aha moment as a mother? as a wife?
As a Mother: That my baby really is growing up fast! I also have learned that I need to choose my battles wisely....

As a Wife: That true love really is out there...and sometimes it gets lost in the dust and laundry, but it always finds it's way back into my arms...and to choose my battles wisely...
3. If you had a crystal ball--what is one thing you would like to know about the future?
Marks family~the men have a life expectancy of barely 50 years. I'd want to know what is the cause of this so we can pre-empt it...and YES he's seeing a doctor soon for a full physical.

Last edited by Marissa : 11-30-2004 at 12:30 AM.

Coastiewifebunny is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 05:00 PM #24
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,822
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
.

Last edited by Marissa : 11-30-2004 at 12:30 AM.

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 06:03 PM #25
jackie
Technical Staff

jackie's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 15,899
If you need help in knowing who has and has not been in the Spotlight yet Marissa, I have a list here: http://www.bobforum.com/showthread.php?t=57689


A chuckle a day keeps the blues away
Shop with our Business Links | Premium Membership
jackie is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 07:00 PM #26
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,822
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie
If you need help in knowing who has and has not been in the Spotlight yet Marissa, I have a list here: http://www.bobforum.com/showthread.php?t=57689

Thanks Jackie! I've contacted several folks, waiting to hear back.

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 11:57 PM #27
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,822
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
I think I've answered them all....did I miss any?

Last edited by Marissa : 11-30-2004 at 12:31 AM.

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2004, 09:09 PM #28
carolyn
Lifetime Member


Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,174
You missed mine! But that would be b/c I didn't post them.

1) When you play Monopoly, which piece are you?

2) What ornament would your Christmas tree be naked without?

3) If you had $1000 to spend and you had to do in the next 12 hours but have NOTHING to physically show for it when you're done (no "stuff"), how would you spend it?





Carolyn

~ the proverbial procrastinator

carolyn is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2004, 09:26 PM #29
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,822
Send a message via AIM to Marissa


1) I avoid Monopoly at all costs...I've never been good at it and everyone I seem to play with is too darned serious about it...

2) Tree....what tree?? We have a little artificial tree that goes on our table, no ornaments at this time...isn't that sad? We just don't have room for one...

3) hmmm....drive to the Church and tithe...head to the store and get blankets and socks to drop at the Mission....send $ to World Vision Haiti for our sponsored child, Wilbert....and we will take some and take ourselves out as a family for a dinner and movie (something we don't do often enough as a family)
blog comments powered by Disqus