Saturday, October 07, 2006

Organ Donor gathering ... Eye Bank Event

10-07-2006, 02:02 PM #1
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,776
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Organ Donor Gathering...

I just received an invitation to attend a dinner in November for families of Organ Donors and Recipients in Baton Rouge LA. Whew~emotions....

I'm not sure if I'll go, but I've got 2 people that I am going to talk to this about and ask if they'd go with me. I'll even pay their airfare. I just don't think I can do it alone. If we make a weekend of it, we could go to Church at the Church where Mark died, that might bring this all full circle for me. Again WHEW~

for guidance

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 02:10 PM #2
JustB
Registered User

JustB's Avatar


Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,400
Send a message via Yahoo to JustB
Prayers Marissa.

I know that when my sister in law met her donors family it was a joyous and soulful event. Ronya said she needed to show the family that she was worthy of the gift she received and to show them she was taking nothing for granted.

JustB is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 02:34 PM #3
Anne R
Registered User

Anne R's Avatar


Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,689
Send a message via MSN to Anne R

Anne R is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 02:42 PM #4
HeidiHo
Back in Va Beach!

HeidiHo's Avatar


Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 12,333

HeidiHo is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 02:55 PM #5
LanelT
Registered User

LanelT's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Idaho
Posts: 4,331
Send a message via Skype™ to LanelT
for your decision and wisdom in making it. It could be an awesome experience for you.

A couple years after my dad's transplant he went to the transplant olympics to compete and they have a time where they honor donor families. It was a wonderful experience for him and my mom. We don't know who his donor was but it was good for him to be able to look at peoples faces and know that it could have been a family member of someone he saw or talked to.

LanelT is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 03:56 PM #6
Tess
Forever Lucy's Light

Tess's Avatar


Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bremerton, WA
Posts: 2,866
God is so good....just this morning in the shower He brought you to my mind and I spent time praying for you. I was thinking how funny that I don't even know you but ever since I only recently read the whole thread about Mark, you have been on my heart. How I wish I could pray with you in person. Maybe some day.

I believe very strongly about organ donation, thank you for any gift that was given. I am praying for you about this

Tess is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 04:01 PM #7
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,776
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Thank you all for your prayers. I've asked two people to go with me in November. Marks best friend and his work partner, both were with him in Baton Rouge when Mark collapsed and died. I think this would be good for all three of us.

I do know that if I ask his Aunt to go with me, she'll do so in a heartbeat. I think it's pretty much a done deal that I'll go, it's just who will go with me.

Thanks.

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 04:32 PM #8
Traci
Senior Member

Traci's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 12,162
Marissa~

It is so ironic that you got this e-mail. This past Thursday I was in bible study. We are doing the living the fruits of the spirit. Both this past week and the week before as we were talking about the fruits I talked about you and your relationship with Mark and your life since his death, you are inspiring people here in Ohio with your story.

~Traci

Last edited by Traci : 10-07-2006 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Traci is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 04:37 PM #9
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,776
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Thanks Traci! I'm awed at stories that you guys share with me. I'm just walkin' the path...some days it's just one foot in front of the other, but I'm just walkin' as I feel I should.

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 04:38 PM #10
scrapnmyfaith
Spring Is Here!!!

scrapnmyfaith's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: IL
Posts: 12,565
Send a message via MSN to scrapnmyfaith Send a message via Yahoo to scrapnmyfaith
I am glad you are choosing to go sweetie. And who better to go with you than the people you asked.





I think it will help you as well.

scrapnmyfaith is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 04:42 PM #11
Traci
Senior Member

Traci's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 12,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissa View Post
Thanks Traci! I'm awed at stories that you guys share with me. I'm just walkin' the path...some days it's just one foot in front of the other, but I'm just walkin' as I feel I should.

Marissa you are so welcome!

This past week we did peace and patients. I could not help but bring you and Mark up, for your love story is a beautiful one.

Traci is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 05:20 PM #12
Sandy
Registered User

Sandy's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,072
Send a message via MSN to Sandy Send a message via Yahoo to Sandy
Wow. Prayers!!!

Sandy is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 05:53 PM #13
Maryann
RFL Team Captain 09

Maryann's Avatar


Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 9,087
Send a message via Yahoo to Maryann
Prayers Marissa

my new boss donated a kidney to her biological father (she was adopted) about 4 years ago and she still runs and does everything she did before.
She said this year was the first year that donors could participate in the transplant olympics but she already had conflicts when the dates were posted.

Know that i think of you often. If you are ever in TN and need a place to stay, just give me a call.

Dreams Come True, Just Never Give Up on them!
Maryann is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 07:10 PM #14
Coastiewifebunny
Registered User

Coastiewifebunny's Avatar


Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,197
Marissa...
DO IT! We met one of Morgan's donor families and it was amazing...someday, I hope to the meet the other one....it was such a healing moment for them--to see that their child is still here...still doing good...still helping others....

I am glad you are taking other's with you--they are events!

Angela

Coastiewifebunny is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 07:17 PM #15
melphy
Registered User

melphy's Avatar


Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Posts: 16,124
Send a message via Yahoo to melphy
That's wonderful!
Prayers and Hugs...

melphy is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2006, 07:55 PM #16
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,776
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
I've made my decision and I'm definitely going. At this point, Becky is 90% sure she will go with me. It's possible that Clark and two other folks will join us also. We will make it a 4 or 5 day trip so that they can take me around and share with me the places they visited.

One thing we will probably do, we ended up with extra $ (like $15,000 extra) from this trip due to the generosity of so many people. The decision has been made to divide it up and donate it back to 3 specific groups, if this all works out, we will be personally presenting each group the money while we are there. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to do this.

Please keep us in your prayers as we get the details worked out as well as for us as we deal the stress and emotions in anticipation of this "event".

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2006, 08:11 AM #18
Zylafone
Senior Member

Zylafone's Avatar


Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 9,270
continued

Zylafone is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2006, 08:29 AM #19
Anne R
Registered User

Anne R's Avatar


Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,689
Send a message via MSN to Anne R




Anne R is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2006, 08:35 PM #20
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,776
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Tonight I purchased all the tickets for the trip. I'll be travelling November 16th through November 22nd. I've already made childcare arrangements, it seems to be falling into place well.

Thanks for the continued prayers.

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2006, 09:40 PM #21
melphy
Registered User

melphy's Avatar


Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Posts: 16,124
Send a message via Yahoo to melphy

melphy is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2006, 07:09 PM #22
CandleGram
Registered User


Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Inverness, FL
Posts: 13,434


Karen

CandleGram is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2006, 08:10 AM #23
Stacy
Senior Member

Stacy's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via Yahoo to Stacy
Sounds like this will be an amazing experience.

S

Stacy is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2006, 08:47 AM #24
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,776
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Ok...I am laughing because I titled this Organ Donor Gathering and it just hit me that most Organ Donors are not alive to gather I needed that it was a rough night. It probably should have said Eye Bank event.


blog comments powered by Disqus