Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm back ... for today ...

I need a place to vent and here I am ...

I'm at the store getting some groceries and medications because tomorrow afternoon I start a full time job as a CNA. WOOHOOOO right ?? Yeah ... right until I get a phone call saying "the kids broke in ... " and I finished up and drove home to find that the front window screen is broken and the locks have been popped so that one could break in and open the locked front door and come in.

Now, you have to understand, my son has a group of friends, let's call them "B", "D", "M", and "G", that run around together. "G" is my "second son" and he uses my place as a refuge if needed, he wants a break, and yes, they play in and out, but when the door is locked, it's locked! The other kids are run of the mill friends, I know their parents in passing, "B"s set of parents I've never met (in fact NONE of us have met them) ...

So after talking w/ the kids I find out that "D" decided that he wanted in when "G" locked the door. Naturally it made sense to bend and crack the screen to pop it out and push on the window enough until the latches popped out and he could slide the window open, open the blinds and climb through. I spoke w/ "D" and his mom. "D" will be paying for a new screens and possibly a new window, because the window only appears to be latched now. He is also grounded from attending my kid's 13th birthday party weekend, his mom's decision.

As for the other 2, I've talked w/ both of them and parents. They now understand the rules of MY HOUSE ... I have cancelled my son's 13th birthday weekend event and will do something else for him and his BF "G". I am still just shocked and upset that these kids would do this. I realize they're 11-13 but seriously? Break through a screen window and pop open locks "just because" the front door is locked? UGH! KIDS!!!



blog comments powered by Disqus