Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So I had to call ....

... my mother. She wants to send kiddo on an overnighter for his birthday but still hasn't given me the details and I need to schedule his birthday party.

Warning: If you don't want to hear a rant today, one based on years and years of dysfunctional behavior that my mother insists does not exist on her part, than come back another day.

That woman totally drive me nuts. There is no other way to say it. She asked how I've been "Haven't heard from  you" ... yeah, well Mom if you actually picked up the phone to call once in awhile, maybe you'd know OR if you read the emails I sent out, you'd know the answer ... so I filled her in on how sick I've been since the end of January w/ the sinus infection, the asthma, the possible MRSA, the allergic reaction and the shingles. Her reaction was "Wow, and you didn't let us know?".

Excuse me as I lose it here .... I'll get back to the story in a minute ...

Why the HELL would I call YOU for support when I am sick? Uhhhh in case you don't remember, back a few years ago, yeah, when my world fell apart...yeah, that day when my husband died?!  Remember how you did NOTHING to help after the Funeral, except tell me that I was over-reacting to my sisters actions. Remember how you haven't done a THING to help when I have said I needed it over the past 3 1/2 years? Yeah, maybe THAT is why I didn't call you. Hmmmm last time we communicated was at the beginning of November (that would be 5 months ago) when I told you our plans for Thanksgiving were to be with you and Christmas up in WA, and you were "put off" because we weren't changing our plans because you didn't tell us about your trip out of the Country that was booked months in advance, that meant you weren't gonna be home for Thanksgiving. Your response at that time was "Great, we don't have to do any decorating or shopping for the holidays then". Wow mom. and you wonder why I don't call you?? Oh that's right, your phone doesn't make calls down the mountain. I forgot about that. The phone lines only run up the mountain. Get a friggin clue and get over yourself mom.

Ok rant over ... now back to the story...

...she proceeds to spend the next 15 minutes telling me about my step-dad, how he's been in and out of the hospital several times over the past few months (insert snarky comment here : this is the first I've heard any of that from her ... oh yeah, the phone lines running down the mt don't work~I forgot), how her laptop computer isn't working and she needs to get another one, but she doesn't like "System 7" because it's totally different than XP (blah blah blah). She told me how her house is such a mess because they had wood floors put down throughout the whole place and now she has to wash all her china and crystal by hand, (insert snarky comment here: OMGOSH THE WORLD IS GOING TO END ~ Mom THAT is the reason I don't have China or Crustal in my house ~ oh wait, no THAT is because my selfish SISTER took all of it from my inheritance split.) but I digress .... I really really digressed there (whoops) ....

so back to the overnighter that Mom wants to schedule. I for the life of me could NOT find them on the website she told me about, which initiated this call in the first place, and she informs me they are listed under the GROUP events. So while I have her on the line I pull them up and found them and as I read I tell her "These are events that are set up for School Groups mom" and she informs me that she is going to call and see if they'll make an exception and allow her to schedule one for her grandson and his friend, UGH Yes, this is seriously what I deal with when I have to deal with this woman. She truly feels that the world revolves around her. Well, we finally ended the call with her saying she would call me back later today, we will see. Honestly, if there is anyone that can get a place to do a "special case" it would be her, because she knows everyone and anyone that means anything in this Country, just ask her ... she'll tell you ....

(as I label this post, I wonder if I should add a category for SNARK)