Wednesday, March 10, 2010

And so it continues

Just when I thought I was done being sick, I woke up Sunday with a red spot in my left eyebrow near the top of my nose. Figured it was a zit coming in, I am 45 after all, I still get zits ... ugh. I didn't really think much of it.
 
monday_eyeMonday I woke up looking like this. I know, annoying, but not the end of the world. Benadryl and sleep, hot pack here and there. It will go away, right?

Apparently not, Tuesday arrived and I looked like this! tuesday_eyeMy lymph node under my left ear is swollen and hard, very painful to touch. You can see it sticking out. I'm not a happy momma. I'm taking Benadryl and sleeping again. 

Yeah, it's looking pretty bad isn't it? I know ... I called the doctor and left a message. She's out of the office on Tuesdays.

wed_eye
Which brings us to today, Wednesday. My eyelid is swollen and I feel like a character from Star Trek.

I've gone to the Doctor. She has cultured it (48 hrs for results), taken blood to check my white blood cell count (it's fine) and has me taking Cephalexin.  If I don't see a noticeable difference by Friday morning I am to call her. She will then call the local Emergency Room and order IV antibiotics for me. Her concern is that I may have contracted MRSA (basically staph that is resistant to antibiotics) while fighting my sinus infection.

So I'm washing my hands, taking my meds, I will be hot packing and taking Benadryl to help w/ the itching. I'll keep you updated as I progress. Of course we're supposed to be going to a Class Reunion out of town this weekend, it never fails.