Monday, August 17, 2009

Pesto Pasta meal in 20 min

Ok folks … hang on… this is so incredibly quick and easy!

I have grown my own Basil and Tomatoes this summer. Today I did a huge Basil harvest and turned it into Fresh Pesto. I filled one zipper sandwich bag and it’s now frozen for winter use, the remainder I used for dinner tonight.

First off, I chose some fun multi-colored “curly pasta” that I knew Abbie would like. Tossed that into a boiling pot of water w/ salt and olive oil (the olive oil keeps the pasta separated and I NEVER rinse pasta off after cooking it)

In my Magic Bullet Blender I placed:

  • Basil Leaves (washed and drained)
  • Olive Oil
  • Parmesan (mine was pre shredded)
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Pine Nuts
  • GARLIC!!! LOTS OF GARLIC (I forgot this in the original entry!!)

(I don’t use exact amounts, I cook to taste like my grandmother taught me)

Blend until it’s all mixed in well. Add additional Olive Oil, Parmesan, Salt and Pepper to taste.

Now tonight, I wanted to add a salad, but didn’t have one available, so I ran out to my container garden and pulled tomatoes off the vine, rinsed them off and tossed them into the Magic Bullet Blender and crushed them in with the Pesto mixture.

I took the mixture, put in in a sauce pan and heated it up.

I served the Pasta in bowls, added a scoop of Pesto/Tomato Sauce over it and voila’ dinner!

For Dessert I chunked up fresh Peaches and in a container they went and they sat in the freezer while we ate dinner. Once done eating, I pulled a pint of whipping cream out of the freezer, defrosted it in the microwave and tossed it into the same blender (washed of course). Grabbed the Peaches out of the freezer and tossed them in and blended it into a frothy Peach Smoothie, skin and all.

Poured it into a cup and handed it off to Abbie. She LOVED it!

The leftovers are now in a tupperware container, freezing into an ice cream type mixture for us to enjoy later.

Unfortunately my camera is not working so I don’t have a picture, but I’ll get one next time!

MckLinky Blog Hop

4 comments:

  1. Here from the Hop!

    Deborah
    browncoucheventsATgmailDOTcom

    Hey! Take a moment to enjoy The Back To School Thingy giveaways, reviews, & discounts!

    http://browncouchevents.blogspot.com/2009/07/back-to-school-thingy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love pesto! My 5 year old ask for pesto for his birthday this year! How crazy is that! I don't think that people realize how easy pesto is to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queen of C~~thank you so much for your prayers~~and i am so craving pesto right now

    yes i use acupuncture myself~~i have a machine and book {my first husband was a chiropractor and taught me} instead of needles, it gives electrical stimulus to the point~~thanks so much for the suggestion !
    charlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like it all ladies!! I just edited the recipe...I forgot GARLIC!!! I add LOTS (I love it, I'm Italian ... it's a way of life!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing with myself and others!