Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I hate days like this...

... because I hate being the "mean responsible mom" that has to tell her child "You can't go".

David has a rash that has spread across most his body. I spoke with the advice Nurse, he has no fever or other symptoms, but he cannot be around other kids for 72 hours, which also means he cannot attend the G.R.E.A.T. Summer Camp that he started yesterday. We are so fortunate to have these opportunities in our Community, and this week is specifically for 6th graders. I've called them and asked that he be allowed to go next week w/ the 7th, 8th, 9th graders, but I completely understand that it's probably not going to happen.

Today was a field trip to the North Clackamas Aquatic Park, I've promised to take him another time.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:15 AM

    I have had days like this! I hate them, too. My oldest had a rash for sometime and it was hard. We found out she was allergic to the whitening in toothpaste. Yes she has to use the plain boring toothpaste, which by the way only one company makes it. It is hard to watch your kids have to give things up when they are sick like that. I hope the rash is gone now.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing with myself and others!