Monday, June 08, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


This week I did NOT allow my child to play hooky from school so we could do a "family field trip" to watch the Rose Festival Fleet come in after visiting the KGW Studio on the Square.

I did NOT warn my child that eating pizza for breakfast, after having it for dinner, would be a bad idea for one that has a lactose intolerance.

My child did NOT promptly run to the bathroom AFTER I told him that we had 20 min before we would leave for the aforementioned trip and upon exiting the bathroom, inform me that he should NOT have eaten the pizza.

I did NOT tell my child "I told you so", (really ... I didn't!!) I DID tell him to go lay in bed, and did NOT notice that he fell asleep for a few hours.

Have I told you that I do NOT believe in natural consequences?

(I sure do, really, really, really I do.... how else will he learn?)

Thanks for reading, I hope you leave a comment and let me know if you are joining in this Not Me! Monday Circus so I can NOT read how your week went!


4 comments:

  1. Cute blog. I enjoyed my visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for starting the blog frog discussion! i know too well the natural consequences of lactose overload!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it...and what a genious idea that you had to start this on blogfrog! You are one smart lady...guess that's why you're the queen, huh?
    We, too, have the occasional day of playing "hooky" from school...we call them "mental health days"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful not me Monday I love natural consequences as well. Who doesn't.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing with myself and others!