Sunday, September 02, 2007

Update from me ...

08-27-2007, 02:51 PM #1
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,822
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
What's up w/ Marissa (or as Darleen says...Maweeeeesa)

Well, it's been a long 14 months (guess a step in the right direction is that I had to look at the calendar to figure out how long it's been), but I digress, I'm doing well, adjusting to single-parenting but still not all into it. I admire those ladies like Belinda, that have always done it alone...whew! It takes a lot out of you.

I am not working yet, hence the restarting of my business, I must get money coming in.

David is doing ok, he heads to 4th grade next week, but we're not sure what his school day will look like. I'm having him evaluated for an outpatient program tomorrow that has the potential to be a solution to his ADHD and the Anxiety disorder that he developed when Mark died. The Anxiety disorder is a major twist in life, and when coupled with the ADHD, it brings out many BiPolar and Schizophrenic tendencies in him, along with some very unusual "ritualistic" behaviors that he subconsciously does to self-calm. These behaviors, while effective for him, are distracting in the classroom and the teachers do their best to continue class around him. IF he is a fit for the program, it means a 30 min drive each way for 3 hours a day/5 days a week in addition to his classroom work...which he may be doing at school or home, we're not sure yet.

You can probably imagine how crazy it is around here...we have mostly good days, but when they get bad, they are bad. I am fortunate to have great support and people that will take David at the drop of a hat when I need a break.

Personally~ i'm bored of being at home all the time. We've had a busy summer, but not having much interaction with people over the past year is driving me batsy! I am hopeful that once David is stabilized, I will be able to return to a leading a normal life. I want him to get back to being ok with Mom leaving daily and going to a job and soon! I want to be able to get back to volunteering in the school and not having him want me attached to him the entire time. I am hopeful that he will sleep at night during school so that I can be awake during the day and be effective as a single parent. I am hopeful that I will have my house clean and organized one of these days (ok...well maybe that's a stretch :::heeheehee::: )

I've been dating a wonderful guy, he's 37... 6'4" (for those that don't know me in person, I'm 5' 5"!) Tons of fun and we just click well. NO plans for the future, we enjoy each other when we can get time together and if we can get out alone once or twice a month, we do.

So there ya go... did I miss anything? More you want to know?? Just ask.


08-28-2007, 06:25 PM #16
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,822
Send a message via AIM to Marissa

UPDATE:

What a loooong day! David was accepted into the program, it's actually a 45 min drive each way. The Lord is amazing, we visited Marks Aunt afterwards, went through the program, she completely agrees that this is THE place for David to be...and she handed me $1000 to pay for his first month of treatment :O

David really enjoyed the people and what they had him do. I'm too tired to get into details now...but the program utilizes techniques that provide Neurological Reorganization. There are things David missed in utero and in his formative years, that affect how he acts today...example, he NEVER crawled on all 4's, he STILL CAN'T CRAWL, it's a full body workout for him. Well he also can't do anything that requires information to cross from left brain to right brain, which is directly correlated to crawling on all 4s as a baby... that's just one simple example.

I'll put the website of the program in my profile in case anyone wants more info. It truly is an answer to many prayers...and it truly is a God~incidence that got us there. I'll share that another time...tooo tired now. (Oh, and yes...this is a faith based ministry program )

ETA.... duh! A HUGE Thank you to everyone for your kind words and continued prayers...keep them coming, I've got 8 more months minimum to pay for, school concerns to deal with, day to day life...and have to find work...

Love you guys!!!

Additional Info:

This program does not necessarily replace his school day. We're going to attempt keeping him in school full time, he gets done there at 2:30 and we will make the drive at that time.

IF it becomes too overwhelming, he will get pulled from school earlier and if still needed, for the whole day. He can get schooling at home, tutoring at Nehemiah's Ranch for Youth...and it's completely legal for him to even miss this year entirely.

One thing the Evaluator said..."Boy he's bright!" She feels that if he attends 4th grade in the morning, has a break and does this in the evenings, he won't slip much at all.

OMGosh I just got a call from Nehemiahs Ranch!!!!! They offered me a part time job, the same time slot that David will be in program, working with their High School kids!!! It will pay for half of Davids monthly tuition!!!!!!

Praise God!


---
9/5/07

Heading out to school and then to "The Ranch" soon. We'll do a walk-through at school and get his supplies situated, then drive the 45 min to his program. He'll go to class there, I go interview for the position they've offered me. whoooooohooooooo.......
blog comments powered by Disqus