Wednesday, June 21, 2006

From my Country Bunny friends (now Jordan Essentials)

06-21-2006, 02:36 PM #1
Darleen
Senior Member

Darleen's Avatar


Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 5,427
Prayers for our Bunny friend Marissa

I wanted to add this here too in case some of you don't explore Bob. Please keep Marissa and little David in your prayers. Marissa, I've been thinking about you all day. Peace and prayers!

http://www.bobforum.com/showthread.php?t=106150




Darleen

Darleen is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 02:45 PM #2
Lizzie
Registered User

Lizzie's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Cedar Lake Indiana
Posts: 4,669
Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
for Marissa and David right now.....Thanks Darleen

Liz

Lizzie is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 02:49 PM #3
LeniSunshine
Registered User


Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 324
Thank you, Darleen, I would not have seen that.

Praying for Marissa and David.

Leni<><

LeniSunshine is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 02:49 PM #4
IUbunnylvr
Registered User

IUbunnylvr's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Southern IN
Posts: 1,111
OMG,,, Christine just told me...

I am soo sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!

*** could someone PM me her address..

PM sent~peajay

Last edited by peajay : 06-21-2006 at 03:28 PM.

IUbunnylvr is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 02:53 PM #5
LeniSunshine
Registered User


Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 324
Has someone let the Hutch know?

LeniSunshine is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 02:58 PM #6
Darleen
Senior Member

Darleen's Avatar


Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 5,427
I just spoke with Karen at the Hutch and they were informed of it.




Darleen

Darleen is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 03:22 PM #7
cocoa
Registered User


Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 123
Thank you for posting. I never would have known.

Praying!!

cocoa is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 04:35 PM #8
CBBBShannon
Inactive

CBBBShannon's Avatar


Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 297
Send a message via AIM to CBBBShannon
I didn't even know anything was wrong. I am so deeply saddened. Marissa you have our love and prayers!

CBBBShannon is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 04:42 PM #9
Mare
Registered User

Mare's Avatar


Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Etters, PA
Posts: 6,451
Send a message via Yahoo to Mare
Unhappy

No one could have known Shannon. He had a heart attack. It ran in his family. It's a very tragic loss.

Mare is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 06:30 PM #10
Lynn
C'mon Spring!

Lynn's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 3,917
Send a message via AIM to Lynn Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn
I don't know about any of you, butknowing Marissa personally and in person, from a previous AOL board, her being my Upline's Upline, etc. I am just very very saddened. I cannot get them out of my mind. I keep running to the bathroom to cry, well, I can cry here now since I am alone. This hits way to close to home for me as this type of thing runs in DH's family as well. I cannot even begin to think what they are going through. When I called her, someone answered her cell as she was on the phone with the organ donor people. That made me cry harder.....

Marissa, strength, peace adn understanding to you and David.....

Lynn
Lynn is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 06:33 PM #11
Traci
Senior Member

Traci's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 12,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeniSunshine
Has someone let the Hutch know?
I let Nancy know as well as the others that I have seen that are here in Myrtle Beach. Amy at the hutch was also called.

Marissa is goin to need us all!

I would love her address.

~Traci

Traci is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 06:41 PM #12
scrapnmyfaith
Spring Is Here!!!

scrapnmyfaith's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: IL
Posts: 12,565
Send a message via MSN to scrapnmyfaith Send a message via Yahoo to scrapnmyfaith
Pm'd ya with it Traci


When I called her, someone answered her cell as she was on the phone with the organ donor people. That made me cry harder....
.



Wow, That leaves me speechless. But definetly something that Mark would have wanted.


Prayers for you Marissa

scrapnmyfaith is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 06:44 PM #13
janie
Registered User

janie's Avatar


Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,692
As posted on another thread, Michelle & Belinda & I have her address. We can pm you the info.

Or any of the moderators will provide it via PM. ~B

janie is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 06:44 PM #14
Lynn
C'mon Spring!

Lynn's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 3,917
Send a message via AIM to Lynn Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn
Here is an update from Linda Toney. Linda was lucky enough to speak to Marissa briefly when she called her....

Her son isn't quite grasping it - he's playing at a friend's and they offered to keep him as long as necessary. Mark was on a mission trip with 45 (I think) kids - and they watched this happen. Marissa's sister was there at her house, and I think she said her mom and dad. She said her church is helping and she thinks it'll hit her son when they "get Mark back". Mark has a history of heart disease/illness/problems in his family and she said their average age has been 48, but Mark's sister (I think) said it was typical of Mark to be ahead of things - he was 41 - same age as Marissa.

Lynn
Lynn is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 07:02 PM #15
Traci
Senior Member

Traci's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 12,162
Marissa is doing better than I would have expected. She did say that they are donating his organs that can be donated. She said it will be 3-4 days until Mark can come home.

Please continue to pray for her family. David too, he is only 8.

She has a great support system with her and her Church family is there for her.

Traci is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 07:15 PM #16
TaraDee
homeschooling? am I crazy

TaraDee's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 1,243
Send a message via AIM to TaraDee Send a message via MSN to TaraDee Send a message via Yahoo to TaraDee
Just got off the phone w/ Marissa and as I expected she is an amazing woman of strength and of faith. Even in her family's darkest hours, she is a rock and doing all that needs to be done.

She shared with me, that through the mission/relief organizations that Mark worked with and was a part of down in New Orleans, they held 2 memorial services for him today already. The Church family in New Orleans is taking care of all necessary details from there, and providing transportation for Mark home to OR.

He was well loved and respected through his work and service, year after year, always there to help others in need. Mark was an amazing man with a huge heart, and love for God & Ministries. Marissa, you should be very proud of your husband and the work he has done around the world. I am very proud to have known him for the time he was here with us.

I love you Marissa, with all my heart, and as I said on the phone, call me when you want me there, and I'm only 3 hours away....(2 if I drive really fast)

I am so saddend by the loss of your beloved Mark, and my Love and prayers are with you and David always.

Tara, Sam & Taylor

TaraDee is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 07:28 PM #17
passionate.bunny
Inactive

passionate.bunny's Avatar


Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 27
Send a message via MSN to passionate.bunny Send a message via Yahoo to passionate.bunny
my heart and thoughts are with you in this great time of sadness.

Janine

passionate.bunny is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 07:39 PM #18
mvyoungcbbb
Registered User

mvyoungcbbb's Avatar


Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 312
Send a message via MSN to mvyoungcbbb Send a message via Yahoo to mvyoungcbbb
My prayers are with Marissa and her family.

mvyoungcbbb is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 08:03 PM #19
DiBunny
Registered User

DiBunny's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 137
Marissa,

My thoughts,prayers and hugs are with you and your family.

I had just viewed that picture of David in his Daddy's bed today.

What a beautiful recent memory you shared with us all.

Thank you!!!!

Diana

DiBunny is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2006, 09:05 PM #20
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,776
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Thank you all

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2006, 05:11 AM #21
Gena
Wilton Course May 4!


Gena's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 18,507
Send a message via MSN to Gena
Please Marissa, if you need anything let us know.

Gena is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2006, 06:30 AM #22
CBBBShannon
Inactive

CBBBShannon's Avatar


Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 297
Send a message via AIM to CBBBShannon
Can a moderator please PM me Marissa address?

I haven't stopped crying since I heard the news. My husband is 42 and I couldn't even imagine. Heart disease is on my dad's side of the family. No male has lived past 65, my dad is 55 and lives in Hawaii, so far from me.

My heart is with you Marissa.

address sent ~b

CBBBShannon is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2006, 11:52 AM #23
CorpsEssentials
Registered User

CorpsEssentials's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sunny San Diego, CA
Posts: 934
Marissa,
I am so very sorry that this has happened to your family. I will pray for ease of grief and strength for you and calm understanding for David. Hugs to you and your little guy. Know that I carry sorrow in my heart for you today and all the days to come. With love, ~Aileen

ps. Would appreciate her address...thanks

CorpsEssentials is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2006, 11:58 AM #24
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,776
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Thank you all. The website http://cascadefirstaid.com/ has our contact info and a memorial site that will be growing soon.

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2006, 12:13 PM #25
IUbunnylvr
Registered User

IUbunnylvr's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Southern IN
Posts: 1,111
Aileen you have a PM

to Marissa, what a beautiful picutre on the Memorial Page. God Bless.

Joellen

IUbunnylvr is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2006, 12:17 PM #26
belindaj
Technical Staff

belindaj's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Odessa, MO
Posts: 23,233
There is a guestbook there now - the appearance will change slightly but none of your messages will be lost during the changes.

belindaj is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2006, 12:22 PM #27
glogoddess
Registered User

glogoddess's Avatar


Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Animas, Colorado
Posts: 3,935
Send a message via MSN to glogoddess Send a message via Yahoo to glogoddess
Belinda...awesome job with the memorial. You're the best!

glogoddess is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2006, 12:26 PM #28
belindaj
Technical Staff

belindaj's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Odessa, MO
Posts: 23,233
The only thing I've done so far is just added the guestbook LOL. Marissa has done the rest of that page up to now We're just giving her a little help with it

blog comments powered by Disqus