Wednesday, July 08, 2009

The coffee dilemma

Oh how life has changed!! Look at the date this happened!! Now we go through a pot a day in this household!

Help from Coffee Drinkers...

I've never made coffee for myself (ok, you can laugh now .....ok STOP NOW!)

I've always been a Mocha or Hot Cocoa kinda girl....but I was just given some coffee from Haiti that the Congregation at our Sister Church produces....I have NO CLUE how to make it I do have a coffee maker and filters, so that when I have coffee drinking guests they can make it for themselves

HELP ME! I want to try this stuff.....thanks!




One more thing...I said STOP LAUGHING

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2005, 07:07 PM #2
iluvpitbulls
Registered User

iluvpitbulls's Avatar


Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lower Pottsgrove, PA
Posts: 627
I usually do 1 tbs. of coffee per two cups... however, if the coffee is from Haiti, it might be pretty strong, so you might want to go a little less.

Put it in the filter, fill the machine and hit the brew button - JUST Kidding, I'm sure you already had that part figured out! ENJOY - let us know how it turns out!

iluvpitbulls is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2005, 07:09 PM #3
peajay
Happy Spring!

peajay's Avatar


Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Nebraska
Posts: 11,031
I certainly won't laugh - I don't know how to either!

Hubby always has to make it when we have company. I get my coffee at the Java Hut each morning, why would I need to know how make coffee?

peajay is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2005, 07:21 PM #4
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,822
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Peajay You're welcome here anytime...we'll look at the coffee machine together

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2005, 08:03 PM #5
mikandles
Registered User



Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 10,755
Send a message via AIM to mikandles Send a message via MSN to mikandles Send a message via Yahoo to mikandles
Yup, one scoop ground for each 2 cups water. I wouldn't know how to adjust for Haitian

We usually use cold tap water, but sometimes hubby gets coffee ready at night so he just has to hit the on button in the morning.

mikandles is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2005, 08:13 PM #6
6Figure
The Best Occasion Yet

6Figure's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 8,030


You don't know how to make coffee?

How did it taste?

My husband brought some home from a guy at work that goes over to Guatamala as a missionary, it was good but a little strong


6Figure is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2005, 09:20 PM #7
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,822
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Still haven't made it, David needed a haircut so I pulled out the new set of clippers and buzzed his head instead...he looks so cute in a crew cut! Sat still (well sort of~very hpyersensitive head) and most importantly HE likes it!

Saved me $20.

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 04:50 AM #8
LizC
Senior Member

LizC's Avatar


Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: north attleboro, ma
Posts: 4,770
you only cut his hair so you wouldn't have to go near the coffee maker, come on, admit it!

one scoop per two cups. my mom gave me a scoop from way back in the day when scoops came with the coffee.
when i met dh in '98, i honestly have to admit that at 40 i did not know how to make coffee either. i used to use all the time the folgers singles bags (like a tea bag - but with cofee) 2 min 45 secs in the mike and let it sit while i was showering, it was great. and since mom lived upstairs, i went up there on weekends for coffee.
before dh had the scoop, he used a 1/3 measuring cup, about the same. (lost the little thing when we moved in '99)
now he gets the coffee ready at night and it goes on all by its little programed self!
i only make coffee on weekends once in a blue moon. which must have been yesterday~

Liz
LizC is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 09:13 AM #9
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,822
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizC
you only cut his hair so you wouldn't have to go near the coffee maker, come on, admit it!
I wish that was the reason...no David is tough with haircuts, he has a super hypersensitive scalp PLUS he's incredibly ticklish. It's a nightmare to takek him in for h/c's. Mark bought an amazing Clipper set at COSTCO and made David PROMISE that he'd let me cut his hair this weekend. Well, he was VERY into a gameboy game so I took advantage of it and put him in a chair in my bathroom. He played his game and I shaved his head He absolutely LOVES it! Then when done with that, I cleaned up the bathroom, answered a couple of calls that came in, updated my CB BLOG, made my bed, put David to bed and went to the kitchen...where I promptly realized that the Acorn Squash I put in the over 3 hours ago was STILL COOKING At this point, I started laughing at myself, realized it was midnight and WAAAY to late to be attempting to make coffee so I made a mocha (with a shot of whiskey~~both VERY off my meal plan) and I went to bed.

Here I am this am, getting ready for Church....drinking Mocha...one of these days I'll tackle the coffee beast
blog comments powered by Disqus