Friday, March 05, 2010

Where I've been ...

I swear that  I have some great readers, Thank you for your prayers and support over the past months.

Let's start back in December when my girlfriend gave birth on Dec 19th to a beautiful baby girl. I was with her on Dec 20th when suddenly my friend started having seizures. Life at that moment, changed forever for Christa as 2 days later she was diagnosed with Epilepsy. She was medicated and on December 24th, discharged to go home. I spent 40+ hours a week with her until I got sick at the end of January (minus the time she was hospitalized). I was her medical brain, her date book, her babysitter, her big sister, her chauffeur, her cook, her maid lol All done because it's the right thing to do and she needed my help.

Jan 28 ~ I turned 45 ... yeah!

Jan 31, 2010 is when my cousin Bryce went missing.

February came and well ... I spent it in bed and on tons of medication. $500+ later I'm almost 100% and it's March. I literally lost a month of the year. I felt bad because I couldn't help Christa and Sophia at all, but as it turns out, Christa spent most of the month in the hospital.

So now it's March, I'm still 45 (imagine that), Bryce is still missing (pray for him and his family), Abigail is still in a boot and with us for a week, David is doing well in school (he's finally on a 504 plan for ADHD and is being evaluated for Aspergers) and FINALLY after 3 1/2 years of battling a strange system, David is covered under the Oregon Health Plan which means he now has medical, dental and mental health coverage through the State of Oregon. Tim and Clark are still out of work, we will probably have to put the house up for sale (the ongoing dilemma since Mark died) but all in all, life is good, albeit still chaotic.

So that's where I've been ...