Monday, March 22, 2010

My Walk ... in words, links and a Verse

Faithfulness


This post is a part of a Blog Carnival  hosted by my IRL friend Bridget Chumbley. Stop by and read some great posts and perspectives. If you have something to add, feel free to jump in, we won't bite. 


I have been told that my experience is one of a faith walk, and I think that is something that can be said of everyone. I am not special, I am no different than anyone else, well perhaps I am in that I have chosen to talk blog about my faith walk and be honest when it is shaken to the core.  

As I look at my most common blog tags, I am not surprised to see that FAITH is the most common I use. It is such a hard concept to wrap one's brain around, being faithful. What does it mean and how do we do it? Yet since my world was shaken on June 21, 2006 when Mark died, I have gained a whole new perspective on what having Faith and being Faithful means. 


My guiding verse has provided all I need to know on this subject:
Jeremiah 29:11-14 (New International Version):
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."
How can you read that and NOT have Faith in what the Lord has in store for us?  On the days when my life seems incredibly out of control, when things just don't go the way I think they should go. When I walked out of the Courtroom in tears because what the family wanted is not what the State of Oregon allows, I find that Jeremiah 29:11 provides me so much comfort. It reminds me that HE is in control and he knows what the final plan for me is. I just have to walk crawl through the trenches and make the best decisions for myself and David.