Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti Earthquake …

If you’ve been reading my blog for anytime, you know that my heart, and my late husband, lie in Haiti.

Haiti was hit with a massive 7.0 earthquake yesterday and the Capital of Port Au Prince has been devastated. I am asking BEGGING my readers to take a moment, say a prayer and make a donation to one of the following Relief Organizations. There are specific funds set up within each Organization for HAITI relief. Support of these people is critical. There are many American citizens on the ground in Haiti that have been affected not to mention the millions of Haitian citizens. If you feel that you can’t afford a donation, consider this, these people live on less than $1 a week. Can you imagine how a $5 donation could help? I have $1800 to last me the entire month (my bills include a $1800 mortgage) … I am donating $5 through Medical Teams International. Do the math … yes, giving where needed is a must. I truly believe that we are rewarded for stretching and doing the hard things. I can’t donate $300 but if each of my known followers donate $5, THERE is $300! So please, do it for me …

 mercy corps copy

 

medicalteamsint

 

redcross