Wednesday, June 21, 2006

June 21, 2006 :: The Lord called him Home page 5

06-25-2006, 09:12 PM #161
Zylafone
Senior Member

Zylafone's Avatar


Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 9,270
Continued

Zylafone is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2006, 08:39 AM #162
Coastiewifebunny
Registered User

Coastiewifebunny's Avatar


Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,197
Wow Marissa, this is the first thread I have read completely through since being on vacation. I am so sorry for your loss, but can only imagine the welcome your Mark received into Heaven.
I will keep you and David in my constant


Angela

Coastiewifebunny is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2006, 08:47 AM #163
Michele
Lifetime Member

Michele's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 977
Send a message via AIM to Michele Send a message via MSN to Michele Send a message via Yahoo to Michele
OMG! I have been on vacation and you can't imagine how SHOCKED I was to read this! I have had the pleasure to meet Marissa and Mark. Words cannot begin to express how I sad I am. Marissa, you and David are in my thoughts and prayers and God will get you through this one day at a time.
Michele

Michele is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2006, 09:09 AM #164
ItsCindy
Don't touch my remote!!


Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: St Cloud, MN
Posts: 4,032
Send a message via Yahoo to ItsCindy
"I Can Only Imagine" brings on a whole new feeling. I wasn't able to go to church due to being sick but I was thinking of you and David all day. I pray that you were given the strength for yesterday.

Still keeping you, David, the family and the church in my prayers.

ItsCindy is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2006, 07:25 PM #165
skippyplante
Senior Member

skippyplante's Avatar


Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,056
Marrisa and David,
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I am amazed by how you both are dealing with this. I don't think I would have the strength that you both have. Mark sounds like a wonderful man, and I know you will both miss him. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Lauren

skippyplante is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2006, 12:37 PM #166
Dappled Things
Registered User


Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,056
Send a message via AIM to Dappled Things Send a message via MSN to Dappled Things
Marissa, I am so sorry for your loss. I enjoyed looking through all of the photos of your husband and could see his joyful personality just through all the pictures. What a gift he was to the youth ministry at your church. Prayers for you all during this time.

Dappled Things is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2006, 01:42 PM #167
Candles4U2Burn
Registered User

Candles4U2Burn's Avatar


Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 474
Words can not express...

for continued strength and support for you and David!

~Rosa

Candles4U2Burn is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2006, 03:21 PM #168
Lori Ann
Registered User

Lori Ann's Avatar


Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Central WI
Posts: 913
Send a message via AIM to Lori Ann Send a message via Yahoo to Lori Ann
Marissa~

Our prayers are with you and David to be strong for each other...

Just know that Mark welcomed into Heaven with open arms...

Lori Ann

Lori Ann is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 10:41 AM #169
JustB
Registered User

JustB's Avatar


Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,400
Send a message via Yahoo to JustB
I just wanted to send Marissa, David, Family and friends a quick prayer. I know the service will be starting soon and I am sure they need all the prayers and support available.


JustB is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 11:25 AM #170
KarieBrady
Registered User

KarieBrady's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 252
I am so sorry to hear of your loss

I am so sorry about the loss of Mark. My family is for you and your family!

KarieBrady is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 07:33 PM #171
Jleah
formerly Fertilita

Jleah's Avatar


Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,625
Marissa, I am so sorry for your loss. You and your son will be in my prayers. You have my deep condolences.

I haven't logged onto BoB in awhile, and thought I should catch up with things. I am extremely saddened and shocked by what happened; it looks like Mark was a loving and spiritual man who touched a lot of lives.

Jleah is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:13 AM #172
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,776
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Quick Update...well it's become a long update...

Let me start my saying Thanks to all of you! About half of the cards that came by mail were from this Community (LOVE the Louella Cards ) The support and prayers here has been amazing.

Next I need to say thanks to Belinda & Jackie for helping w/ the Memorial Site. It's something David & I will treasure for a lifetime.

Anne R and her husband came up on Sat. They got here around 4:30 w/ all their kids (they live a good 3 hours from me) and they did some great things around here.

Tara arrived Tuesday evening and left this morning~she is having someone come clean my house top to bottom this next week (I've probably had well over 100 people in and out this week). She even gave me permission to bow out of her Wedding in Sept if needed.....Uh.....NOT HAPPENING

MButtercup7 (Michelle) and Anne R were at the funeral, they along w/ Tara had special seating from me...their presence at the Service and later here at home was greatly welcomed.

I can't begin to tell you the # of people at the service....between 350 and 400? The Church was configured differently than w/ our normal services so I hope someone took a count (they usually do).

The Service was AWESOME! Talk about a Celebration, I gave each individual guidelines but they went on their own and WOW! The music was all Contemporary Praise. One piece was a guitar version of Psalm 23 written by our friend who performed it. Another friend performed "I Can Only Imagine" ~ He is a professional Pianist and he ROCKED! (It was his first time doing that specific song and before the service he said to me~"Marissa~I hope I can pull it off, I had to change the key to make it work"...well Jacob, you did it and I couldn't have asked for it to be any better.

The Youth did great. There were moments...but they really held it together. Several Speakers spoke directly to them passing along Marks thoughts. It was very powerful. More than a few came to me and shared how MUCH of an impact Mark had on them and how they changed, or how they planned to change. THAT will speak volumes to his imipact as the years go on.

As for David and I, David was overwhelmed yesterday, not by the Service itself, but by the # of people. He does NOT like people hugging and kissing him, that is really reserved for those HE feels closest to (and it's not always who WE would think he'd be closest to ). He invited his Bus Driver to be w/ us, and some in my family were a little miffed that this BIG Handsome Black Man was sitting next to David and I~but David was so happy to have Nick there. David played his gameboy and was in and out of the Service a couple of times, and did beautifully. Myself, well I was in my glory, what can I say? My husband touched so many lives and is off to a much better place. YES I've cried and I miss him terribly in the flesh, but I know he will always be with me in spirit and will help guide my on this next chapter in life.

Today I'm tired....I will be crawling back into bed, laying low...David may go to see CARS with family..haven't decided yet if I'm going.

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:18 AM #173
Melinda
Amazing grace!

Melinda's Avatar

Deal or No Deal Champion! Mine Sweeper Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: North Central Texas
Posts: 17,486
Send a message via Yahoo to Melinda

Melinda is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:18 AM #174
mtcandlelady
Registered User

mtcandlelady's Avatar


Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,348
Send a message via AIM to mtcandlelady Send a message via MSN to mtcandlelady
Marissa

You are such a strong , beautiful person!



David may feel the loss of Mark, In the flesh, But what a wonderful mother he still has!!!!

Cheryl

mtcandlelady is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:19 AM #175
jinjin
Happy Spring!


jinjin's Avatar


Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Taylor, MI
Posts: 12,758
Send a message via AIM to jinjin

Don't make me get out the flying monkeys !
New to BoB?? Visit the BoB Welcome Center
Introduce Yourself | Premium Info | Adult Product Forum
jinjin is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:20 AM #176
Zylafone
Senior Member

Zylafone's Avatar


Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 9,270


You never cease to amaze me.

Zylafone is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:21 AM #177
mmm0708
BOO!

mmm0708's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 12,538
Send a message via AIM to mmm0708

Melissa “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Seuss
mmm0708 is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:25 AM #178
Kandi
Registered User

Kandi's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Tucson
Posts: 3,336

Kandi is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:32 AM #179
SemperGumby
Loving Life Right Now

SemperGumby's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,923
Send a message via Yahoo to SemperGumby
Continued for all.

SemperGumby is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:34 AM #180
6Figure
The Best Occasion Yet

6Figure's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 8,030
Continued ers to you and David Marissa as this will be a hard time for you as you try to resume your life.


6Figure is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:34 AM #181
Sherry
Senior Member

Sherry's Avatar


Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,575


Take that time while they go to the movies to have some moments of quiet to yourself.

Sherry is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:40 AM #182
Carrie
Registered User

Carrie's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,850
Send a message via AIM to Carrie


Carrie

Carrie is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:44 AM #183
Stacy
Senior Member

Stacy's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via Yahoo to Stacy
Sounds like a beautiful service.


S

Stacy is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:45 AM #184
mbuttercup7
Registered User

mbuttercup7's Avatar


Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 7,263
Send a message via AIM to mbuttercup7 Send a message via Yahoo to mbuttercup7
Marissa

It really was a beautiful service. That end song the youth performed was just awesome. So uplifting. It was neat to meet Mark's family and yours back at the house.

mbuttercup7 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 10:48 AM #185
Lynn
C'mon Spring!

Lynn's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 3,917
Send a message via AIM to Lynn Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn
Marissa...wow....you are one friend, Mother, Wife, Sister, everything!

Lynn
Lynn is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 11:19 AM #186
charmedone
Spring has sprung???

charmedone's Avatar


Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: University Place, Washington
Posts: 3,772
Send a message via Yahoo to charmedone

charmedone is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2006, 08:55 PM #187
IUbunnylvr
Registered User

IUbunnylvr's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Southern IN
Posts: 1,111
Hi Marissa,,

Thank you for the update,,, you are such a special person,, I can feel your glory in your words.... I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you,, and all of the BOB'rs..... what a great community of friends.

& Prayers from Indiana!

Joellen

IUbunnylvr is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2006, 09:26 PM #188
jackie
Technical Staff

jackie's Avatar

Great Mahjong: Classic Champion!
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 15,870
Marissa, you are never far from my thoughts these days. I know your strength comes from within and will get you through. Still, I know this is a very emotional time for you. So my thoughts and prayers continue for you and David.

I had no doubt the church would be packed for the service and it always helps to share our joys and sorrows with those who knew our loved one. I'm sure you have heard some wonderful remarks about Mark and his impact on everyone he touched in his life. That's going to be yours and David's to treasure always.

I'm so glad Anne, Michelle and Tara could be there with you. Don't you just love "imaginary" friends?

All the thanks for the website goes to Belinda. I did next to nothing on it and she did that beautfiul video/audio tribute for you and David all by herself. I just love that song in the background. It's perfect.

I hope you get some much deserved and needed rest in the coming days and I'm so glad you have been able to pop in to let us know how you are doing. I guess you know by now we're all here for you if you need us.

A chuckle a day keeps the blues away
Shop with our Business Links | Premium Membership
jackie is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2006, 11:47 PM #189
Schmuckie
Registered User

Schmuckie's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,739
Marissa, I'm so very sorry. I've just learned the news now upon return from vacation and am sitting here in tears. The loss of a loved and loving husband is unimaginable and mere words cannot possibly convey how very sorry I am. I'm sure though that you will have many happy memories to sustain you as well as the love of family and friends. C.

Schmuckie is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2006, 09:46 AM #190
Anne R
Registered User

Anne R's Avatar


Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,689
Send a message via MSN to Anne R
Marissa.

and

for You and David still.

Anne R is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2006, 10:34 PM #191
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,776
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
New Article online...this is the one that I spent a few hours w/ the Reporter doing, he did an amazing job!

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2006, 10:42 PM #192
mikandles
Registered User



Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 10,734
Send a message via AIM to mikandles Send a message via MSN to mikandles Send a message via Yahoo to mikandles
That was a great article; I wasn't aware of the shofar, though.

mikandles is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2006, 10:51 PM #193
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,776
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
The Shofar that was blown that day is now on my mantel.

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2006, 11:01 PM #194
LanelT
Registered User

LanelT's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Idaho
Posts: 4,331
Send a message via Skype™ to LanelT
that was a really nice article. Thanks for sharing.

LanelT is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2006, 05:51 AM #195
eaglesdare
Registered User

eaglesdare's Avatar


Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,134
wow, that is a nice article.

eaglesdare is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2006, 06:29 AM #196
Lynn
C'mon Spring!

Lynn's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 3,917
Send a message via AIM to Lynn Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn
This may be a stupid question, so please bear with me.....who actually blows that "shofar" off?

Lynn
Lynn is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2006, 06:26 PM #197
Lynn
C'mon Spring!

Lynn's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 3,917
Send a message via AIM to Lynn Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bunny Bunch
This may be a stupid question, so please bear with me.....who actually blows that "shofar" off?

Lynn
Lynn is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2006, 07:04 PM #198
Marissa
questioning my sanity

Marissa's Avatar


Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,776
Send a message via AIM to Marissa
Not a stupid question at all...I'm going to do some more research on this, I did find this one page that has some info on it. http://flashfloods.com/shofar.htmlalthough it does not specifically say WHO blows the Shofar, only that it is blown.

And another one http://www.ou.org/chagim/roshhashannah/theshofar.html this one states "
Generally the Shofar is blown by a person who is of sound moral and religious character, not to mention possessed of a good set of lungs. A competent Halachic authority should supervise the Shofar blowing, as there are many complex laws and requirements involved with its proper sounding. If a person cannot attend synagogue, the shofar may be blown for him or her at home."

Living life ...
Marissa is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2006, 07:56 PM #199
melphy
Registered User

melphy's Avatar


Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Posts: 16,124
Send a message via Yahoo to melphy
Very nice article!

melphy is offline Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2006, 08:27 PM #200
Laura612
Caching to Travel!


Laura612's Avatar


Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,196
What a wonderful article the reporter did on Mark. It's nice that it was more of a celebration of his life.

Laura612 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote
blog comments powered by Disqus